Looking for the best kept secret in retail? You’ve found it! CarMax is one of the Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work and has been for more than a decade. At CarMax we’re different – with us you can put your career in gear!
What CarMax offers:
• Opportunity to use your skills, experience and talents to help field CarMax’s growth
• Extensive training program to set you up for long term success
• Limited growth opportunities
• Commitment to our communities
• An environment that fosters work/life balance
• A competitive compensation plane and comprehensive benefits package
Why Service Operations?
• Help CarMax produce quality cars for our customers
• There is a culture built on teamwork and inclusiveness
• No two days are the same, every day there is a new opportunity, a new challenge and a new win
• Managers are empowered to problem solve, reduce waste, manage production, and build associate engagement
• Fun work culture where you get to work with great people and teams
Technician Production Managers are a part of our Service Operations team who recondition all of the cars that our customers purchase. They are responsible for ensuring our Associates produce quality vehicles for our customers by managing both the daily operations of the department and our Technicians to maintain technician quality standard as company targets.
• A new Technician Production Manager will be placed in a Manager in Training (MIT) position and complete an extensive training where they will learn the foundation of CarMax’s Mechanical Department, including the following principle duties and responsibilities:
o Control the flow of vehicles through the reconditioning process.
o Ensure that all technicians are following CarMax standards and guidelines through the reconditioning process.
o Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
o Manage and develop associates at the individual level
o Maintain key performance measures
o Assist with the development and execution of production plans
• To ensure success, assessments are conducted throughout the training program to measure each participant’s progress.
• Successful completion of the training program is required to be placed into a management position.
What we’re looking for:
• A minimum of 1 year management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
• Strong focus on exceptional customer service
• Proven track record of associate development
• Hands-on manager with the ability lead through managers, supervisors and a team of associates
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to work flexible hours in a combination of both indoor and outdoor work environments, which requires walking or stand for extended periods of time.
• Flexibility to relocate preferred
* Satisfactory completion of MDP is required (applicable to internal CarMax associates only).
Don’t let a lack of background in the automotive industry stop you from discovering what else makes us a great place to work. While CarMax sells used cars, many of our managers do not have previous experience in the automotive industry.