At Raytheon, Customer Success is our Mission
Raytheon Missile Systems in beautiful Tucson, AZ, is seeking a subject matter expert in radiation hardened software and hardware systems. Learn more and apply today!
We are executing programs and investing in systems designed to work in nuclear weapons and space environments. The Radiation Hardened Systems Engineer will perform system research, conduct trades, develop analyses, develop test plans, and invent new ways to build system robustness into hardware and software.
The Radiation Hardened Systems Engineer will develop requirements and architectures that involve all major subsystems of an interceptor or space system, from sensors and electronics to thrusters and power systems. It is important to have experience establishing simulation, testing, analysis, and demonstration of new designs. This experience will be utilized, particularly with capture, where initial technologies and maturation of key enablers support proposal activities.
You will use your experience as a system designer to develop and execute trade studies, requirements development and flow-down, performance characterization and validation, and requirements verification.
Note: This position is Salary Grade G11 (Sr Principal Systems Engineer)
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Aerospace & Astronomy Engineering.
- Ten (10) years of engineering experience in architectural and systems design of missile or space systems including some assignments with radiation effects on electronics responsibilities.
- Applied work experience involving electronics design, test, and analysis.
- Applied work experience involving software design, test, and analysis.
- Experience managing suppliers and coordinating subsystem solutions with them. Experience generating specifications and statements-of-work.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Check us out on YouTube:
- The ideal candidate will be viewed as an expert and serve as a consultant to the organization in determining and developing required architectures and technologies to achieve organization growth objectives in the area of radiation hardened software and hardware systems.
- Prior history of writing nuclear survivability program plans for MDA programs.
- Excellent system engineering, software development, and analysis skills.
- A passion for learning and inventing software robustness techniques.
- Experience in performance of requirements management tasks
- The ability to interface effectively with customers and IPT members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.