Job ID: 456999BR
Date posted: Dec. 03, 2018
Description:Responsible for program management of a large Software Engineering program spanning multiple sites and programs. Responsible for all software product development/delivery for a complex system in a highly dynamic and challenging environment. Oversees the design, development, documentation, testing and fielding of complex software systems. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Performs Subcontract Management activities over multiple software subcontractors. Manages all software engineering related budgets and schedules. Manages the software engineering portion of Proposals.
Management responsibility will include significant collaboration and coordination with external customers, management, vendors, and other LM engineering disciplines. Strong skills in conflict resolution, proactive communication, and building collaborative relationships are desired.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with previous skills and experience managing similar groups of multi-function multi-site engineers. The candidate will use their thorough understanding of software engineering, system engineering, software architecture and management principles. The ideal candidate will understand cost and schedule drivers in support of engineering decisions. Previous management experience executing highly dynamic projects within short timelines while meeting/exceeding earned value objectives is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Candidates must possess an active DoD Top Secret clearance to start, and have the ability to obtain a SAP/SAR briefing.
• Technical experience in systems engineering, system architectures, software engineering, software architectures, or related field.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience developing detailed plans/schedules in support of technical assignments.
• Experience presenting and conveying focused messages to Program leadership and external customers
Knowledge of UML, C/C++, Java, Linux and DOORS.
• Experience working ADP or similar programs, development through sustainment.
• Experience shaping and leading a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with different engineering disciplines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Experience working in technical teams across a virtual environment.
• Knowledge of Open Mission Systems standard and UCI message set.
• Previous Software development experience with large complex software systems.
• Previous integration and test experience with large complex software systems.
• Demonstrated strong skills in conflict resolution, proactive communication, building collaborative relationships.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day