Sr. Contracts Negotiator
Job ID: 463332BR
Date posted: Dec. 03, 2018
State: New York
Description:Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company, is seeking a Contract Administrator to support various programs within the Maritime and Mission Systems market segment. This includes efforts related to the production, development, and in-service sustaining of the Naval Helicopter Programs for USG and FMS customers utilizing the MH-60 platforms, Future Vertical Lift capture, Mission Systems for the USAF Combat Rescue Helicopter and VH-92A Presidential Helicopter Replacement program, and other efforts within the Market Segment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• All aspects of contract administration including proposal support and negotiation, post- award contract administration, scope management, interface with key subcontractors and contract closeout. Providing guidance, advice and counsel to Sikorsky programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters.
• Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts; provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language; evaluates and coordinates proposals; investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
• Develops and applies solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, including US Government contract specialists and the DCMA administrative contracting officers.
• Lead efforts to ensure preparation and execution of timely and accurate contract delivery documentation.
• Experience in Federal Government contract administration and negotiations, program management, or a related field.
• Solid understanding and familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), including intellectual property rules.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to effectively interact at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
• Current SECRET security clearance is preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Contracts
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)