CarMax is an innovative FORTUNE 500 company on a mission to bring honesty and integrity to car buying. Disrupting the marketplace for more than 20 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US with 190+ stores and 25,000+ associates. Our success is motivated by our customer-centric, data-informed approach to problem solving, with an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our associates and our community. Fortune has named us one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 14 years in a row!
How you’ll impact CarMax:
We’re looking for a team-player that’s passionate about analytics, innovation and strategy. This position will play a meaningful role helping CarMax use analytics and strategy to build digital products and capabilities that meet the evolving needs of our 1M+ customers. You will be an active member of 1-2 product and technology teams, providing analytical and data-driven, strategic guidance as these teams craft CarMax’s digital / omni-channel customer experiences.
Some of the primary responsibilities for the role include:
• Partner with Product Owner to develop and monitor key performance metrics and set the strategic direction for the product
• Design and analyze tests to evaluate the effectiveness of iterative changes to digital products, using analytical findings to make recommendations and influence rollout decisions
• Identify improvement opportunities and conduct deep dive analyses to drive innovation
• Perform data-driven analysis to support prioritization decisions and address critical questions
• Periodically present decision recommendations to CarMax senior leadership
What we offer:
• Competitive Benefits: Competitive salary, performance-based annual bonuses, stock-based long-term incentives, flexible time away, work-life balance, employee stock purchase, 401(k) match and company-sponsored healthcare are just some of the benefits CarMax has to offer.
• Unique Community: Join our community of more than 100 analysts, from various backgrounds and experiences. Find yourself with the opportunity to develop professional relationships with fellow analysts, as well as senior leadership, that help expand your focus area. CarMax has been named one of the ‘100 Best Places to Work’ by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and is recognized by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking a healthy work-life balance.
• Training Opportunities: Your development will begin with our personalized CarMax training, including coding in SQL, presentation best practices, and data visualization within Tableau. Beyond functional training, you will have opportunities to strengthen your skills in leadership, communication, and analysis & decision making that will further your growth at CarMax.
• Career Progression: CarMax will invest heavily in your development and has many opportunities for internal progression at our fast-growing, best-in-class company.
Experience / Education:
• 2+ years of business experience in consulting, strategy analytics, web analytics, financial analysis, or engineering
• Undergraduate degree in a business or quantitative field with a strong academic record; graduate degree is a plus
• Enthusiasm for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
• Top-caliber critical thinking skills and analytical curiosity
• Real passion for bringing analytical solutions to a reality
• Proven ability to effectively communicate complex analytical results and business impacts through written and oral communication, across all levels of management
• Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time in a dynamic environment
• Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
• Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative research methods & reporting tools; experience with or in-depth knowledge of the following preferred:
– A/B and Multivariate Testing (knowledge of Adobe Target preferred)
– Tableau or other business intelligence tools
– Online Survey Software (knowledge of Qualtrics preferred)
– Usability Testing (websites or other software)
• Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SQL / Database required
• Experience with Python and web analytics tools is a plus (Adobe Analytics / SiteCatalyst preferred), including implementation, configuration, and report design