full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) provides cybersecurity SME support to information Technology (IT) and system security issues affecting the customer mission by implementing security practices, policies and technologies. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and Information System Owner (ISO). Other responsibilities include:
• Support Risk Managed Framework (RMF) processes under SAP and SCI regulatory guidance.
• Maintain operational security posture for a program or information system.
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support assessment and authorizations.
•Create, update and maintain procedures for secure operation of IT assets.
•Conduct evaluation and analysis of software intended for usage on secure IT assets.
•Conduct auditing of secure IT assets; Investigate and report on classified messaging incidents.
• Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs), and Configuration Management.
•Ensure security policies, standards, and procedures are enforced.
•Responsible for classification management, system classified document control, and classified media control; Clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing system memory, media, and output.
•Evaluate information security systems and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• 5+ years providing security support in SCI and SAP environments; to include recent experience within the last 3 years
• Minimum 5 years experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP activities
• Bachelor’s degree in a related career field and 5 years minimum experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
� Familiarity with network and information system security principles and test practices
• Previous experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (upload/download) between information systems at varying classification levels
• Must have an in-depth understanding of DoD Security Requirements Guides (SRGs), DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Readiness Review (SRR) and NSA implementation guides.
•Able to articulate information system security related issues to program management, utilizing proven communication skills, both oral and written.
•Maintains security certifications and skill set required under the JSIG and AF Intelligence Community Guidance; DoD 8570.01-M and AFMAN 33-285 certified as a IAT Level II (or higer); Security+ certification
• Familiarity with applicable DoD and AF policies, procedures and operating instructions related to information technology and Cybersecurity ; understanding and experience implementing guidance complaint with ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, DoDM 5205.07 Vols 4, DoDM 5105.21 Vols 1, and other cybersecurity related directives.
• Build rapport with military, civilian, and contractors at all levels.
• Computing Environment certifications for Windows (Windows 7 or higher)
• Familiarized with Windows Office 2010/2013
• Additional Computing Environments preferred: Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 10, RHEL, Linux, and Cisco OS
• Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, willingness to submit to Counterintelligence polygraph, and meet eligibility requirements for access to Special Access Program Information.
Security Clearance Level