This position can be a salary grade G08 Senior Quality Assurance Engineer I or salary grade G09 Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon Missile Systems designs, develops, and produces missile systems for critical requirements, including air-to-air, strike, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense, and directed energy weapons.
With locations in Arizona, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Kentucky, New Mexico, and Texas, Raytheon Missile Systems’ Quality and Mission Assurance organization is recruiting experienced, career-minded professionals who strive to make difference.
As the steward of the Quality Management System, our Quality Professionals are involved in every stage of product delivery, from design to field support to program management. Our world-class Quality Professionals exhibit critical and systemic thinking, develop metrics and measures to verify and improve performance, and design ways to improve our products and processes. Our team embraces new, complex challenges. We are the Customer’s conscience.
The Raytheon Missile System’s Q&MA Mission is to “Prevent, Protect, Improve”. Prevent defects, non-compliances, and escapes. Protect the integrity of the Quality Management System and the Raytheon brand. Improve continuously our products, processes, and tools.
Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
Quality Engineers / Field Quality Engineers
The Quality Engineer will work within integrated teams to analyze, control, and improve product quality by systemically analyzing and validating measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability over time; analyzing product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values; and translating, analyzing, and prioritizing customer needs and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards.
This position is assigned one of our many internal factories. The ideal candidate will work within integrated teams to analyze, control and improve product quality by conducting the following activities:
- Systematically translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards and operational definitions for the affected performing organizations
- Analyze/validate measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability over time
- Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values
- Perform analysis of nonconformities to: characterize causes as routine (common) or exceptional (special); and develop effective containment and elimination plans
- Integrate performance and conformance verifications such as First Articles and audits throughout value stream processes to prevent quality escapes, optimize throughput and assure on-time delivery of products and services
- Predict quality of products/services, processes and other key work system elements using historical, empirical and/or theoretical data in operational and statistical models
- Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of nonconformities
- Facilitate corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability
- Manage the interface and sell-off of products to downstream operations or end-item customer quality representatives
- Minimum of four years related Quality Engineering, or related engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional process improvement teams with technical expertise
- Competency in a relevant technical discipline with understanding of engineering principles and design analysis techniques
- Ability to develop and implement robust process controls
- Ability to identify root cause and initiate/implement effective short-term and long-term corrective actions
- Experience in development/usage of Quality metrics that may be used to drive true root cause and long-term corrective action, and in the identification/institution of perceptive verifications
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and statistical control methodologies
- Ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs), consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
- Manufacturing process knowledge (assembly, inspection, test)
- Effective verbal and written communication and networking skills to work with all levels of the company and customer community
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Additive Manufacturing; Anodizing; Bonding/Adhesives; Brazing; Coating; Crimping; Heat Treating; Painting; Plating; Printed Circuit Board Fabrication; Sealing; Sintering; Soldering; Torque; Welding
- Demonstrated knowledge of key process characteristics and ability to implement effective process control techniques in one or more of the following Special Processes:
Required Education (including Major): B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Preferred degree fields are: IE, EE, ME, ChE, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
- Ability to comprehend and translate external and internal requirements into effective work instructions for various internal functions
- Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
- Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.