Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in State College, PA is seeking talented new graduate Systems Engineers to support classified programs that develop and enhance integrated sensor, signal processing, complex analytics, and big data systems for Intelligence Community (IC) customers. Are you interested in … agile development … DevOps … cloud technologies … a collaborative work environment … Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) … supporting our national defense? Opportunities span the full product development lifecycle, including new capability development as well as sustainment and enhancement of existing deployed systems. The successful candidate is a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, works effectively in a team environment, has a strong work ethic, and is flexible/adaptable in order to respond to customer and mission needs. Consider joining our team!
- 2+ years of work experience in engineering, or an advanced STEM technical degree
- Familiarity with engineering processes and techniques
- Ability to work effectively on a team of software & systems engineers
- Ability to generate technical documentation, such as DoDAF artifacts, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), system test plans & procedures, etc.
- Ability to conduct technical research, document and present results
- Strong interpersonal, communications, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong commitment to quality customer service and on-schedule task completions
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. A current, active Top Secret/SCI security clearance is highly preferred.
- Coursework or experience with Agile Development & DevOps
- Coursework or experience with cloud technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Coursework or experience in software development on Linux and/or Windows platforms
- Coursework or experience in Software Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and/or Security Engineering
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of related work experience.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) State College Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customers' missions.
Raytheon State College provides the opportunity to work on challenging programs without living in an urban/suburban environment. The home to the Pennsylvania State University, State College is a rural community that provides access to many of the cultural and athletic activities/events of an urban metroplex in a small community setting. Many employees enjoy a commute of 5 minutes or less! Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Reader's Digest has named State College as one of the "15 Best Places to Move to in the U.S. (Before They Get Too Crowded)." Calling it "one of the fastest growing, most educated, and safest college towns in America," the magazine cited Forbes' ranking of State College as the third-best college town and Psychology Today's rating of the area as one of the least stressful places to live. … State College is regularly named on best places to live and work rankings, most recently coming in at No. 6 on Livability's list of Best Places to Raise a Family.
One of the fastest growing, most educated, and safest college towns in America, Forbes named State College the third best college town in America and ranked it highly for business and careers, noting its below-national-average cost of living. Maybe even a bigger draw: Psychology Today declared State College to be one of the least stressful places to live in the entire country. Located in Central Pennsylvania, the region, often called “Happy Valley,” is surrounded by some of the country’s top outdoor hiking, biking, and fly-fishing experiences.
(Centre Daily Times, local Newspaper) State College named one of the safest laces in the country for families … According to a new study by Securitychoice, State College is the second safest place for families in the entire country.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.