Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, Raytheon’s Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects.
Part of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
#Guiding the mission
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) has an immediate opportunity Lead systems engineer with GPS and navigation knowledge GPS and navigation to support all ranges of product development, including system requirements, architecture, system design and development, system integration and test, and production. Individual will be working on Hardware, Software, and Firmware development activities throughout all phases (Design, develop, simulate, integrate, test, verify hardware/software and maintenance and support). Develop and review system engineering documentation per product phase.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in one or more of the following technical domains: RF/IR signal processing, electronics, navigation (GPS or Inertial), missile autopilots, modeling and simulation (for example 6-DOF), aerodynamics, missile related mechanical engineering (flight control systems, warheads, missile structures, seeker gimbals, RF/IR seeker sub-systems);
- Past work experience interacting with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources.
- Can work effectively in both independent and team environments
- Experienced with requirements decomposition, flow down, and verification
- Experienced with electrical, RF, and system level requirements
- Have familiarity in sub system or systems architecting and system-of-systems definition.
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models
- Experience leading medium to large teams.
- Familiar with C/C++, MATLAB, Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Experience running test and developing test procedure
- Quick learner, Self-Starter and motivated
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with model-based systems engineering
- Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to command and control, telemetry, flight test, ISR, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing systems
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
- Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
- Experience with M-Code GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
- Background in RF signal processing (DSP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GPS user equipment and /or inertial navigation systems architecture, requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
- Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
- Knowledgeable and experienced with GPS or RF receiver anti-jam techniques
- Experience with commercial test equipment (e.g. DMM, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer
- Current U.S. DoD Secret security clearance
B. S. in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics;Desired Education:
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics 128960
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.