General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Greater than five (5) years practical experience in a Cybersecurity, Engineering, T&E or A&A (formerly C&A) related field. Have worked with Information Assurance tools such as DISA Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and may be required to hold a Full Security Control Assessor qualification.*Without college degree, greater than seven (7) years required. Desired: Minimum 10 years experience in Microsoft Windows Server, Adobe ColdFusion, and Microsoft SQL Server administration. Desired: Minimum 10 years experience with NMCI project management and DoN IT/Cybersecurity project management.
The Information System Security Specialist is responsible for supporting all aspects of a Program Information Assurance (IA) processes tailored to include minimum qualification standards, fundamental awareness and familiarity to demonstrated competency with specific experience in Cyber Security, Engineering, Test & Evaluation, (T&E) and/or Security Control Assessor (SCA) under a Certification & Accreditation (C&A) and/or Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process. The specialist should demonstrate a working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and/or include prior experience with the Defense Information Assurance & Certification Accreditation Process (DIACAP). Familiarity with security policies & guidance documents to assist with the preparation and maintenance of process artifacts, traceability documents purposed for compliance with Authority to Operate (ATO) requirements. The specialist is expected to evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing up to classified information, and supervise and/or maintain the operational security posture for an information system or program.More senior specialists may assist or develop system security policy and ensure compliance of change management and configuration control processes. Plan and coordinate the IT security program and policies supporting the command leadership
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
From Solicitation Requirement: College degree in a technical or managerial related discipline [Note: a high school diploma or HS equivalency certificate is acceptable with additional years of experience as defined in the next category). Desired: Bachelor or graduate degree in a SECNAV M-5239.2 (or superseded SECNAV manual) approved technical related discipline.