General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Location: Herndon, VA, Hours 6:00 am -2:30pm. Providing Close Support at customer site. Requirements include:
• Directly related work experience in a technical help desk position supporting Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2003 or later, Internet Explorer, and business applications used within a business environment
• Knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques
• Detailed oriented as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making
• Experience with TCP/IP and general networking issues
• Experience providing superior customer service and support
• Experience working effectively in a team environment, communicating effectively, resolving issues efficiently, and contributing to the improvement of the infrastructure
• Experience with virus scanning services; Desktop, stand-alone and laptop computing services
• Experience with servers, printers and peripheral services
• Experience with Data transfer services
• Experience with ticket tracking, closing, and escalating issues; assisting in installing peripheral IT items and Access administration
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills, successful in working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• CMA/DMA/MCSA desired
• Experience excellent listening and writing skills
• O&M experience
• Ability to work independently; and manage multiple task assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to describe how to use an application, system, etc.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.