Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: 462828BR
Date posted: Dec. 04, 2018
Description:This position will support the F-35 Manufacturing Engineering Team in Marietta, GA, as a Manufacturing Engineer Sr. The primary discipline focus is tool design. This Manufacturing Engineer communicates, develops and oversees tooling requirements, tool designs and tool fabrication processes to ensure engineering requirements are achieved and production tooling is delivered on time for our production line. Candidate needs to have complete understanding and wide application of 2-D build to print drawings, GD&T and Catia V5 in order to provide solutions to tooling issues which align to organization objectives. This includes the need to access, understand and explain F-35 technical data found in PDM, CAPP and JDL, including engineering part and installation drawings, tool designs and manufacturing plans. Candidate needs to have good communication skills in order to interact with tool designers, suppliers, and leadership. Past experience with LM tooling processes and procedures are required. Candidate will investigate issues, develop root cause analysis, and initiate corrective actions as required to support program objectives. Some travel will be required periodically to support any and all aspects of production including corrective actions, process improvements, tooling, and configuration changes. Candidate will provide floor support as needed, but main area of focus will be maintaining the integrity of our tooling operations.
- Experience with LM tooling processes, procedures and Catia V5
- Experience with GD&T practices and principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related STEM field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (persuasive presentation skills)
- Capable of working in multifunctional teams and representing our organization
- Experience working in the F35 aircraft production environment
- Experience in areas of F-35 command media, drawings, planning, process specifications and component assembly processes
- Lean and Six Sigma experience desired (Green Belt preferred)
- Direct previous manufacturing engineering, production planning, corrective action, tool engineering, and affordability/producibility improvement experience is a strong plus
- CATIA specific experience and the ability to functionally demonstrate skills
- Finite Element Analysis experience
- Experience with PDM, MS Access, MS Project, ICA and CAPP/SFM are considered desirable
- Individual must be highly motivated, self-starting, and exhibit the ability/willingness to make decisions at the appropriate level while working well in a team environment and bringing assignments to closure.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day