Job ID: 463321BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you enjoy leading a team? Have hands-on experience with proposals? Like to organize and lead a functionally diverse team of people?
Perform as our Task Order proposal manager for the Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW) and play a critical role in the effort to capture new and follow-on business at the Task Order level for the program.
This leader coordinates the planning, organization, control, integration and completion of Task Order projects. The goal is to provide effective and efficient leadership of the team to produce a compliant and compelling proposal for our customer. Proposal processes and infrastructure are monitored, refined, or upgraded as needed.
The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate well with employees at multiple organizational levels; written, verbal, and presentations skills needed.
• Interact constructively and effectively with differing levels of leadership and staff.
• Support the swift formation of a proposal-capable team, including integration with line of business, business development, finance, and capture personnel.
• Engage constructively in proposal process tailoring discussions with stakeholders.
• Keep current on new, innovative proposal processes, tools, or infrastructure.
• Discuss proposed changes with their peers and stakeholders.
• Efficiently and effectively communicate and implement agreed upon changes.
• Navigate difficult situations and conversations to a productive outcome.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrated project and/or proposal planning and execution.
• Self-direct. Determines objectives and approaches.
• Develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse teams.
• Strong team leadership and excellent interpersonal skills requiring minimal direction.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions, build consensus, and sustain team energy and commitment.
• Experience with proposal activities, especially cost volume formation.
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership Behaviors.
• Experience in Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Knowledge of Federal and Department of Defense acquisition system processes.
• Knowledge of Airforce Customer
• Current DoD Secret clearance
• 5 years of experience in leading proposal or project teams.
• Must be able to travel as required as this position requires travel.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2