Facilities Engineer (mid-career)
Job ID: 462293BR
Date posted: Dec. 04, 2018
City: Kennedy Space Center
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and desire to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the fast-paced world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will be supporting operations in a production environment at the NASA Kennedy Space Center (KSC). In this role, you will be responsible for leading and/or overseeing/directing personnel that will perform the maintenance and repair of facility environmental test equipment, lifting equipment, and special tooling for the Orion Program at the KSC.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Lead personnel in the performance of maintenance work on equipment and tooling, including operating, maintaining, and repairing environmental test equipment
• Work extensively in SAP software to ensure service orders, production orders, work orders, maintenance notes, capture problems, annotate corrective actions, and dispositions and closings
• Develop cost estimates; manage the technical, budgetary, and schedule performance of facility projects, generate electronic materials requests, and track material receipts
• Using skills as an experienced project manager you will be responsible for managing the technical, budgetary, and schedule performance of large-scale projects > $1M
• Document and disposition failed or non-conformance equipment
• Effectively communicate and interact with various customers and management
• Conduct computer-based operations using Microsoft Windows products including Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Word
• Navigate around equipment and facilities infrastructure aligning to the roles and responsibilities of this position, including climbing stairs, ladders, etc. in order to access the various areas/tooling/equipment required
This role requires the ability and willingness to work in a dynamic environment and be available to work off-shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed to support schedule. You will also need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Our employees who work in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin Space champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 25 three-day weekends
• 7-9 years of professional experience as a Facilities Engineer
• Experience handling proof load and maintenance of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment
• Project manager experience with large scale projects valued at greater than $1M
• Experience with documenting and disposition of failed or non-conformance equipment
• Ability to obtain Ground Processing Equipment Controller (GPEC) certification (Training and data base access within 90 days of start date)
• Currently hold or obtain a current EPA 608 Universal Certification within 6 months from start date; required to pass an EPA-approved test to earn Section 608 Technician Certification to become certified to purchase and handle refrigerants
• Microsoft office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• You must possess the physical ability to navigate around equipment and facilities infrastructure aligning to the roles and responsibilities of this position: climbing stairs, ladders, etc. in order to access the various areas/tooling/equipment required
• Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred
• Experience operating, maintaining and repairing environmental test equipment
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers (both verbally and in writing) to maintain a sustainable working relationship
• Familiarity with NASA KSC Operations and Checkout Building is preferred
• Professional demeanor and personality suited for a team-centric environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Miscellaneous Engineering
Clearance Level: Public Trust
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2