Master Schedule Planning Manager
Job ID: 463030BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Program: Navy Strategic Programs (NSP)
Description:As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to lead and mentor others in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Master Schedule Planning Manager supporting Naval Strategic Programs. Working out of our Centennial, Colorado location, you will develop a team of 5 planners while creating and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule and supplemental program schedules that integrate handoff requirements between NSP projects. This position typically has 10 years of experience with schedule planning.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Develop, status, and analyze Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in sufficient detail that allows you to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
• Oversee and maintain vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the integrated master schedule, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
• Perform verification and validation of the total NSP program and individual projects.
• Manage project/program problem resolution; call out necessary items and emerging concerns to the management team.
• Partner with Integrated Program Office and Product Line teams to provide first-class planning support.
• Present NSP Program and project metrics; identify trends or impacts.
• Review program deliverables and ensure all high and medium risk mitigation tasks are in the IMS.
• Evaluate and standardize reporting methods across NSP projects.
• Prepare status briefings for management and customer reviews.
• You will serve as a key member to Program Baseline Review Boards (PBRB), Program Proposal Review Boards (PPRB), Baseline Control Board (BCB)-Finance, ROMS, What-if exercises, fact finding, and internal/external audits (Corporation, Division, Customer).
• Ensure compliance with planning documents on new projects are established.
• Ensure program planning integration activities within the Enterprise and FBM program.
• Oversee future employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Counsel and mentor assigned employees; provide leadership, direction, guidance, and assistance to ensure communication and coordination throughout multi-disciplined teams.
• Organize / integrate high performance teams to inspire / motivate team members to perform productively in a team environment; establish and coordinate organization vision and goals.
• You will need to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
• Team leadership experience.
• Proven experience planning major programs from concept (Program Introduction) through delivery (Program Implementation).
• Knowledgeable with planning tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, RTP, Primavera).
• Experience with executive level (Director/VP or higher) communication / briefing.
• Experience with critical path or float analysis.
• Experience driving Planning health metrics.
• MS office tool proficiency.
• Navy Strategic Program Customer experience.
• Program development and implementation experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2