Cleared Physicist Optical Engineer
- Military veterans preferred
SAIC is looking for a cleared, Jr level Physicist/Optical Engineer to sit in Huntsville, AL. The qualified candidate will have the following roles & responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute optical procedures to characterize parameters of hardware for Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MSIC).
- Apply radiometric (ultraviolet, visible, and infrared) sensors for the characterization of missile hardware of interest.
- Perform calibration of radiometric sensors using methods approved by government and academia.
- Apply the radiometric sensors to collect characterizing data of missile hardware and assess the data for use in development and validation of predictive models.
- Perform quality assessment of measured radiometric data to be used for development of the E-MSIG (Enhanced Missile Signature) predictive models.
- Assist in the validation of the E-MSIG predictive models.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physics or Optical Engineering, and at least two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Senior college level knowledge of optical components: mirrors, lenses, beam splitters, optical band pass filters, optical materials, etc.
- Working knowledge of commercial ray trace programs.
- Experience with the Air Force Research Laboratory MODTRAN atmospheric model.
- Experience with radiometric sensors, ultraviolet through mid-wave infrared radiometers, spectrometers, imagers, etc.
- Experience with ultraviolet to mid-wave infrared spectrometers and ultraviolet to mid-wave infrared irradiance calibration sources and spectral calibration sources.
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visual Studios, and MATLAB.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI and be able to pass a polygraph.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science and at least three (3) years of related experience.
- Programming experience in Labview, MATLAB and C++.
- Experience with digital data collection.
More Jobs For Veterans...