full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Help Desk Specialist to join our team in the St. Louis, MO area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
You will be responsible for leading our technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues.As a Help Desk Lead, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure high quality technical support and increase client satisfaction.
- Manages the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage 24/7
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
- Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
- Resolves problem situations in a professional manner.
- Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service
- Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Help Desk responsibilities.
- Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Represent Manager in their absence or as directed.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Requires two or more years of related technical and managerial experience in a help desk environment
- Must have current A+ CE or Security + CE Certification
- Must have ITIL Foundations Certification or relevant knowledge of ITIL process and procedures
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities