Windows Administrator (Mid) - Military veterans preferred
ManTech International seeks a candidate for a Windows Administrator II position to support a large-scale, Federal program critical to our nation's safety. In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Ensure redundancy in all implementations, assisting with network configuration.
- Support users with system application problems and coordinates resolution.
- Support network operations and maintains network availability by monitoring and controlling system resources.
- Perform diagnostics and analysis of problems affecting system performance.
- Take corrective action as necessary or interacts with other SME’s and vendors to resolve problems.
- Track status of problem resolution and follows up to ensure satisfactory outcome.
- Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Install and configure Windows operating systems to include Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and Windows 7 and 10.
- Configure server and workstation hardware as necessary according to system requirements.
- Install and configure required applications.
- Utilize Windows Update Services Server (WSUS) to apply Microsoft security patches to Windows servers and workstations.
- Utilize Symantec Endpoint Management Server to apply anti-virus policies and update definitions.
- Create, modify, and delete user accounts and groups in Active Directory.
- Troubleshoot server, workstation, and user experience issues and track work with Remedy.
- Create and configure virtual machines as necessary.
- Ensure adequate backup for all recovery scenarios.
- Plan and implement patches and service packs.
- Review logs for errors or potential problem alerts and taking corrective action.
- Maintain Virus protection on all Windows devices.
- Maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment.
More Jobs For Veterans...