full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking a Sr. Platform Engineer to support the DHS USCIS on the SPEDI Program. The SPEDI contract is a high-profile, high-visibility modernization program where you can contribute innovative solutions.
The Sr. Platform Engineer duties:
· Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and tuning of virtual infrastructure (both hardware and software components.
· Perform incident resolution and root cause problem determination to ensure availability and stability of virtual platforms according to established service level agreements by working individually or in a multidisciplinary team.
· Work after hours and on the weekends as necessary (patching, incident management).
· Manage service requests and execute standard changes with minimal supervision.
· Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple virtualized environments (DevTest, Stage Production), and provide systems administrator support to business units and clients.
· Application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies.
· This role is key to the technical and operations teams in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, troubleshooting issues, and providing customer service.
· Manage and coordinates the deployment, and expansion of Client Server technologies, as well as monitoring and refinement, and researching solutions to existing problems.
· Monitor site stability and performance; troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration.
· Planning and managing capacity planning activities in case of Private cloud.