This position is for a Financial Analyst II, working within the Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality (OSQ) Finance Organization.
As a member of the OSQ Finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Operations, Supply Chain and Quality financial and business management support of a functional organization at Raytheon Missile Systems. Scope of work includes manpower planning, EAC development, variance reporting, indirect budget management and weekly analysis of cost runs with direct support to the Program Operations Managers.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a strong fundamental understanding of the factory environment, while also working closely with multiple Program Finance offices to ensure financial targets are achieved. The ability to be self-sufficient as well as operating in a team environment, supporting both the Functional organizations as well as ensuring program financial commitments are met will be fundamental to success in this role. Business management covers a wide set of requirements, and a successful candidate will need to show flexibility in job abilities and strong communication skills. This role is supported under the general direction of the OSQ Functional Finance Managers and team leads.
- Support the creation of Estimates At Complete (EACs) on a quarterly basis including costs, risks and opportunities for Factories and at the Operation Program level.
- Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to OSQ leaders, leadership teams, and management using standard company tools and processes.
- Prepare program financial forecasts, monitor actual costs, and explain variances to plans and forecasts.
- Manage cost accumulation methods for direct labor including discrete charging and allocation pool charging.
- Provide cost reduction project support and leadership based on manufacturing and functional expertise and experiences
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for new business proposals and assist Estimating and Program Analysts in developing rationale for basis of estimates.
- Support Factory and Program activities in the business management role including being a key participant in all organizational decisions.
Minimum Required Skills:
Highly Desired Skills:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in the field of Business, Finance, Management, Economics, or Math and 2 years of related experience or MBA and no experience
- 2 year of working experience in a business management or finance role in a company environment
- 2 year in an independent role tasked to develop, update, and status financial and performance metrics and analysis driven reports
- 2 year of experience in the use of Microsoft Operating Systems and all Microsoft Office tools, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work alone and on teams in a results oriented environment to develop solutions for complex problems that will gain desired outcomes.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance . US Citizen Status is required as this this positon will need a US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- The confidence and courage to effectively lead, present, and participate in large and small meetings and status sessions, even when having to provide bad news or disagree with management
- Ability to quickly learn advanced financial and planning skills required by multitask requirements and to create support plans and schedules for small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Analytical skills and the ability to become proficient with main-frame style business systems where vast amounts of data require mining and analysis
- Understanding of production or similar schedule driven environment within a profit driven business based on practical experience. Ability to discuss Profit and Loss (P&L) relationships from contracts to cost analysis
- 1 year of experience in understanding the details of cost allocation over bases or amongst organizations or products
- 1 years of experience in understanding the details of cost allocation over bases or amongst organizations or products
- Held one team leadership position in a fast paced environment that included multiple working organizations. This would include team leadership of financial and functional personnel
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.