Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Senior Systems Engineer to provide engineering analysis, development, baseline management, maintenance, integration, network, and test support. The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to support troubleshooting, documenting and resolving of system outages and other issues that may be encountered during the operation of the system.This includes the collection of diagnostic data, restoring system operation, development of workarounds, an other activities necessary for recovery of a system. Support also includes accurately documenting problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools, and supporting analysis and integration efforts. Responsibilities also include establishing requirements for new software and system hardware enhancements, supporting development efforts, development and refinement of operational/engineering process and procedures. The Senior Systems Engineer will provide support to include store, retrieve, and manipulation of data for analysis and troubleshooting of system capabilities and requirements; support the generation of concept of operations and provide recommendations for system and network architecture associated with a complex communications system.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Resolve Discrepancy Reports (DRs) based on mission priority and customer direction
- Develop, test verify and distribute configuration changes to the Operational Baseline that result from DR action, software upgrades and enhancements
- Maintain and update existing system specifications, interface control documents, and other system documentation
- Provide technical change input on CONOPS, System Security Plans, Functional Requirements Specification documentation
- Prepare RFCs and other required documents for changes to the Operational System Baseline
- Design and implement architecture changes to support system evolution
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active current TS/SCI SSBI security clearance is required with current CI Poly.Desired Skills:
- Must have BS degree in IT or Computer Security and 6 years of related experience or, or minimum of 14 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have the ability to provide troubleshooting and network support for a complex communications system.
- Experience configuring and operating COMSEC equipment.
- Familiarity with Juniper CTP hardware systems.
- Familiarity using Unix/Windows based computer systems.
- Familiarity working with messaging or other applications and/or technology related to communications.
- Familiarity troubleshooting hardware, network, application and/or system problems .
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work non-traditional work hours. Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to maintain the operational baseline. Must be able to provide after hour call-in support and be able to report to the customer's work facility within 1 hour of recall.
- Must be able to support occasional travel (both CONUS and OCONUS)
- Experienced with message routing priority schemes and classifications considerations.
- Experience with crypto management and/or work experience with encryption devices is beneficial.
- Knowledge of various security categories in the delivery of messages is a plus.
- Experience with messaging in a communications center environment.
- Knowledge of network operations and components is very helpful.
- Experience making critical decisions.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.