Job Description: The IDS Whole Life Engineering Department, located at Expeditionary Warfare Center (EWC) in San Diego, CA, has a requirement for a Manager II Systems Engineering. The selected candidate will have Section Management responsibilities, which are principally the leadership, administration, and career development of Section members. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading a team in the Engineering disciplines of USN Shipboard Installation and troubleshooting, Parts Risk Management and Obsolescence, Spares Management, material procurement, and Project Engineering or Program Integration, Control & Coordination. Candidate will be self-motivated, have strong communication skills and the ability to lead a team in an Integrated Product Team environment. Some travel may be required.
8+ years’ experience in one or more of the following:
- Shipboard systems support, trouble shooting, installation and test
- COTS integration and Life Cycle maintenance and development
- Integrated Logistics Support including provisioning, maintenance planning, Life Cycle Cost Modeling, obsolescence management, Logistics Management Information (LMI) and Level or Repair Analysis (LORA)
- EVMS (or a similar tool) experience and practice– must pursue CEVM certification
- Experience working with cross functional teams at all levels to maximize program and organizational leverage
- Demonstrated leadership skills and development of personnel
- Excellent Communications skills
- Ability to evaluate workload and available resources and make recommendations to adjust schedules and priorities as required.
- Ability to think and act in an organized and effective manner in an environment with rapidly shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to provide critical feedback in a positive and direct manner
- Ability to clearly understand and convey IDS policies and procedures
- Ability to provide technical direction and take ownership of technical performance.
- Ability to motivate team members by providing an open environment conducive for each employee to reach his/her full potential.
- Risk and Opportunity management experience
- Cost estimation, Estimate at Complete (EAC), Basis of Estimate (BOE), and proposal development expertise
- IPDS and Gate Review experience
- Systems Engineering standards, processes, and CMMI knowledge
- DOORS and Six-Sigma experience
- Existing secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- BS/BA in Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or other related technical engineering degree, and experience in an engineering/ technical field. 8 years of experience related to this job description may be substituted in Lieu of a BS/BA
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.