Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) has an opening for a Project Engineer supporting the Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Department. WLE Department disciplines include System Safety, Affordability, Risk and Opportunity Management, Program Integration, and Control Account Management. The Project Engineer will drive department process and requirements to achieve cost, schedule and technical performance requirements across WLE discipline scope.
The Project Engineer reports directly to the WLE Department Manager as the Department proposal lead, to drive consistency in bidding activities for all disciplines. The Project Engineer will also provide Control Account Management and Program Integration support for start-up and interim program needs. This position will also provide support to Department, Directorate, Engineering and PMX organization initiatives pertaining to Department disciplines.
WLED is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.
Specific tasks responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Department Proposal Lead for all major proposal activities by coordinating basis of estimate
- Preparing, revising, updating and monitoring required documentation and analysis in compliance with Directorate processes, Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corporate and Business policies and procedures
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and lead development of situational awareness reporting and management tools for department leadership teams to drive improved discipline execution
- Participate in task start-up and Estimate at Completion process to ensure productivity, risk, and opportunities have been practicing identified
- Preparing and managing all required product lifecycle artifacts and reviews
- Capturing and tracking program actions and working with action owners to ensure timely closure of actions.
- Monthly coordination and creation of material to support the monthly Tracking Book and Monthly Operating review process.
- 6 years of related experience in control account management, estimating and pricing, work package management, project management, program controls, program finance, or a related role
- Experience with program management, estimating and pricing, and/or finance applications, tools and processes (SBT, APEX EV, PMX Tools, Risk Register, EDIT+, etc)
- Experience in engineering management, control account management, program planning and scheduling, program control/program finance, or similar technical management discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of Whole Life Engineering Directorate disciplines, vision, and mission
- Experience developing and reviewing cost proposals and synthesizing business review material for Management review and approval
- Prior experience and application of Defense Acquisition processes
- Prior experience providing task management across development, production and/or sustainment programs, preferably in the aerospace and defense industry
- Demonstrated skills in planning and execution for both short-term requirements and long-term opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Raytheon Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification, Earned Value Certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to develop and integrate solutions to complex programs, prior experience in engineering planning
BS/BA in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related field. 8 years of prior relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA (Two years related work experience may substitute for one year of education).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.