General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
C4I Network Engineer
Active Secret Clearance Required
Primary duties include installing, maintaining, and coordinating the configuration and use of Mission Command (MC) / C2 network systems, to include the evaluation of hardware and software and peripheral equipment required for system support. Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality delivery of tactical C2 data on the network. Responsible for the physical installation and configuration of MCSD system within the Mission Data Center (MDC), to include servers, KVMs, KMMs, and network storage devices. Ensures all rack and Data Center wiring (power/network) is completed IAW industry standards. Administers network policies, procedures and standards. Initiates and tracks Requests for Change (RFC) regarding all firewall modifications to support MC / C2 networks and systems. Configures and maintains Active Directory DNS in support of MC / C2 system enclaves. Manages the IP space for Mission Command Systems.
Secondary duties include providing system administration of all servers and systems to support the delivery of the theater Common Operating Picture (COP). Maintains interfaces with external systems as necessary and coordinates with operators of external systems to ensure that these interfaces remain operational. Also serves as the SharePoint portal Content Manager for the section, ensuring the desired design, layout, and content of system support portals on both NIPR and SIPR networks. Will be required to go TDY for 1-2 weeks to provide network engineering support to MCST-F located in Grafenwöhr, Germany. May be required to forward deploy to austere locations to provide BFT backfill support for AST Balkans / Kosovo for periods of 1-3 weeks.
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Experience with planning, developing, implementing, and integrating complex network architectures to support DoD C2 systems such as GCCS-J COP/I3, GCCS-A, JADOCS, and BCCS. Experience administering and configuring network devices and access with classified and coalition networks. Experience updating and configuring Cisco IOS on network routers and switching devices.
Experience creating and maintaining SharePoint sites, lists, and document repositories. Experience creating and configuring user access for new SharePoint designs and site layouts.
Experience with administering Windows Server 2008 / 2012 R2, Solaris 10 and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5 or later. Experience configuring and maintaining VMware ESXi architectures.
Experience planning data center rack layouts and equipment installation, to include power and network cabling and capacity.
Experience supporting Radiant Mercury or other Cross Domain Solutions a plus.
Experience directly maintaining JADOCS servers and/or using JADOCS as a targeting platform desired.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must obtain DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on day 1.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
- Candidate must obtain one or more of the following certifications within 6 months of hire: SCSA, RHCSA, VMware VCP5-DCV, CCNA.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #isdcj #cjobs #cjpost #GDITRecruiter
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.