Facilities Electrical Engineer (mid-career level)
Job ID: 462296BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: Kennedy Space Center
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and desire to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the fast-paced world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will be the Electrical Designated Qualified Representative (EDQR) for inspecting and certifying tooling and various electrical equipment on the Orion Program at the NASA Kennedy Space Center (KSC). In addition, you will also lead and mentor other personnel performing maintenance support operations.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• Inspect and certify tooling and various electrical equipment as part of the EDQR function
• Lead personnel in the performance of maintenance work
• Prioritize work sequence and mitigate issues that impact production.
• Issue work instructions.
• Identify and order materials.
• Support troubleshooting and repair of facility cranes and powered doors.
• Coordinate power / utility outages with Lockheed Martin Test and Production Organizations that impact operations.
• Provide design support; develop design criteria for outsource to a design / build subcontract.
• Perform internal electrical facility or tooling designs for new projects.
• Oversee outside contracts, performs site inspections and ensures installations meet local, state, and federal codes as well as Lockheed Martin standards.
• Effectively communicate and interact with various customers and management.
• Conduct computer-based operations using Microsoft Windows products including Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Navigate around equipment and facilities infrastructure aligning to the roles and responsibilities of this position, including climbing stairs, ladders, etc. in order to access the various areas/tooling/equipment required.
This position will require extensive knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), and Electromagnetic Interference / Electromagnetic Control (EMI/EMC).
You will need the ability and willingness to work in a dynamic environment and be available to work off-shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed to support schedule. Additionally, you will need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin Space champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 25 three-day weekends
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college with 7-9 years of professional experience
• Able to obtain a Lockheed Martin EDQR certification within 6 months
• Practical Electrical Engineering experience in a launch environment developing and maintaining Ground Processing Equipment (GPE)
• Experience in authoring technical documents
• Experience in a design, build, test environment
• Experience in presenting technical information
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows products including Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Word
• Must be physically able to navigate around equipment and facilities infrastructure aligning to the roles and responsibilities of this position, including climbing stairs, ladders, etc. in order to access the various areas/tooling/equipment required
• Currently hold a Lockheed Martin EDQR certification
• 8 years of design, test, manufacturing experience
• Highly prefer a Professional Engineering License, State of Florida (EDQR Level I requirement)
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship
• Familiarity with NASA KSC Operations and Checkout Building is preferred
• Professional demeanor and personality suited for a team-centric environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Miscellaneous Engineering
Clearance Level: Public Trust
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2