Aircraft Environmental Criteria & Systems Integrity Engineer
Job ID: 463771BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea and the selected candidate will deploy from their current location in the first quarter of 2019.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive systems integrity experience to serve as a primary POC for advising Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) engineers during configuration development. The successful candidate will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance) to KAI engineers while guiding concept development through the appropriate application of criteria development, analysis methodologies, ground test and flight test planning to achieve a balanced design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in systems integrity supporting aircraft design and a good working knowledge of related engineering disciplines that include establishment of design and test criteria at the air vehicle level and for aircraft subsystems, avionics, and components. The candidate will provide feedback to KAI on plans, requirement specifications, analyses, test procedures, test results, trade studies, and verification approaches including Critical Design Review (CDR) criteria and documentation. Tasks shall also include identifying technical issues, risks, and mitigation options through coordination across engineering disciplines. In addition to serving as a subject matter expert, the selected candidate will train and mentor customer engineers.
• Review and assess KF-X Environmental Criteria Requirement
• Review and assess KF-X Environmental Criteria Allocation to System Design
• Review and assess KF-X Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) Test Readiness Review and Qualification Test Report (Test, Analysis, Similarity, Demonstration, Inspection)
• Support air vehicle ground environment test preparation and plans
• Review and assess LRU suitability for environment.
• Review and assess air vehicle ground environment test preparation and plans
• Review and assess air vehicle ground environment test performance, results and test reports
• Review airworthiness criteria and airworthiness compliance
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The candidate should also have a background that demonstrates effective cross-functional team building and coordination skills. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to South Korea.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Bachelors Degree in a related discipline
• 10+ years of experience in systems integrity analysis of aircraft
• Experience with development and application of Environmental Criteria Document requirements for high-performance aircraft
• Experience applying systems integrity knowledge to assess the aircraft design
• Experience mentoring or training engineers
The following skills are desired:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience in air vehicle ground test (High/Low Temperature, Rain, Icing Test etc.)
• Experience with new aircraft design and development
• Knowledge of the aircraft design process
• PDR / CDR experience
• Experience providing oversight to aircraft suppliers
• Experience with military or government aircraft programs
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Aeronautical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week