Satellite Systems Engineer
Job ID: 463193BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: White Sands Missile Range
State: New Mexico
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Satellite Systems Engineer will perform duties required to maintain and improve mission operations within the work center. Participates in a production and validation process for information technology systems and products which requires formal documentation (standard operating procedures). Works with software tools to produce sophisticated products for customer use. Must certify and maintain proficiency as a System Operator. Participate in the generation, and review of procedures, test plans, integration documentation, problem reports and the assessment of their impact on missions. Interface with management for operational issues. Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to function in a multi-contractor environment. This is currently a Rotating Shift position with the potential for on-call/absence coverage. Skills: Common computer architectures and operating systems. Sound cause and effect troubleshooting techniques. Ability to work effectively with people as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-contractor team. Ability to function effectively in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision is necessary. Site Training Requirements: Certification will be required for performance as a System Operator. COMSEC certification will be required. Unique Training Requirements: Networking, UNIX, Sun Solaris, computer system architectures, MS Office applications.
Candidate should possess current TS/SCI clearance or be eligible for crossover in a timely manner. Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance or be eligible for crossover in a timely manner (within 2 months)
• Must be able to work rotational shifts and perform in a dynamic test and operational environment
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to function in a multi-contractor environment
• Ability to plan, prioritize, schedule, manage and report on assigned tasks
• Successful applicants must possess a strong operations oriented technical background and
• Microsoft Office Applications experience
• Must be willing to travel occasionally (approximately 1 week/year)
• Must be willing to obtain site specific certifications: System Operator certification and COMSEC certification
• Common computer architectures and operating systems
• Networking, LINUX, MSWindows, computer system architectures
• Experience with telecommunication/satellite communications, including RF/digital/analog circuits
• Satellite operations experience including troubleshooting operational problems and generating operational procedures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: ROTATING- Rotating hrs/day per week