Sr. Missile Planner
Job ID: 462539BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: Kings Bay
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready for your next exciting long term career opportunity with an industry leader? Do you have production or planning expertise from within a manufacturing environment? If you are detail oriented self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills, this is the place for you. Join our Strategic & Missile Defense Systems team as a Sr. Missile Planner. In this dynamic and challenging role, you will:
• Plan, schedule and monitor production activities in various pre-DD250 buildings at the Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT).
• Oversee building maintenance periods, system outages, proofing requirements and hardware availability to guarantee all production and contractual requirements are met or exceeded.
• Develop schedules and risk management plans and provide visibility to any obstacles which may hinder production deliveries.
• Prepare reports and metrics and present to management at regular intervals.
• Identify any issues and concerns and evaluate for their impacts to operations.
• Work closely with other members of program planning team to ensure all energetic age alignment, igniter removal, and enforce disposal requirements.
• Interact with internal and external organization such as engineering, finance, production and government planning to mitigate any impacts to processing and ensure building outages are coordinated with all partners.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Project Management, Business, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent experience/combined education with 6 years of relevant experience; or a 4 years of experience with a related Master's Degree.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance. Interim secret clearance will be required to start.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with production and/or planning and scheduling functions.
• High quality / error free output.
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, presentation, written).
• Ability to extract data and develop metrics.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience in a missile production environment.
• Understanding of manufacturing planning.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2