Job ID: 461702BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Program: Next Gen OPIR
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position is in support of the Air Force’s Next Generation (Next Gen) Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Program. The qualified candidate will be a member of the SEIT Database Software Tools team. Responsibilities include performing software tools design, development, unit test, software integration, test data generation, test plan documentation and formal qualification testing of software tools in support of the data transformation and validation of database inputs. Responsibilities also include database tools and product development, integration, test, validation, and database deployment into the operational system in addition to supporting Program data requirements and products for System Test.
The candidate will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the team to work through road blocks and resolve issues quickly. The candidate will be responsible for the production of Command and Telemetry Databases and multiple supporting products required for database deployment into the operational system.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
•Experience with any of the following programming languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, or Python;
•Experience with one or more of the following database products - Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ASE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle
•Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no work experience with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner. Strong programming skills to develop maintainable code, test data, perform thorough unit, integration & regression testing.
• Experience in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical and Management Process, Technical Writing and SW Testing.
• Experience in Agile software development
• Experience developing data translation software.
• Software Qualification Testing experience with developing unit and functional tests preferred. SBIRS Database tools software experience would be a plus.
• Experience with creating processes, requirements and support documentation.
• Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems, hardware, telemetry, command & control.
• Experience with following SW tools: Transformation Tools Implementation, STSS, ClearCase & ClearQuest, Git or SVN.
• Advanced skills in any of the following programming languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, or Python, Node.js, .NET, ClearCase, Git, SVN or equivalent SW CM Tool
• Advanced skills with one or more of the following database products - Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ASE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred.
• Familiarity with SBIRS STSS Test Systems, JTRANS DB Development and SBIRS Common Database Schema
• Current DoD Secret clearance. TS/SCI preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9/80 A: (Autotime System)