Network Systems Engineer / CCNA / San Diego, CA
Job ID: 463238BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
City: San Diego
Program: Aegis Modernization
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will support Aegis Combat System Modernization Integration Testing for Aegis CG and DDG class ships in San Diego CA as part of the Aegis Modernization Team (AMT)stationed at Naval Station San Diego.
Overall responsibility for ensuring the AEGIS Computing Infrastructure (ACI) is operational and available. Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for Aegis Computer Infrastructure equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements.
• Responsible for proper activation and operation of the Tactical computing environment including OE, network, equipment configuration and computer
program operation and interface with other elements.
• Ensure that Aegis Computing Infrastructure is available to support all scheduled testing.
• Perform ACI associated test procedures and generate test reports including Pre-assessments and ALO Assessments.
• Serve as the System Administrator for the Aegis Weapon System during Test program. Implement shipboard passwords and password policy.
• Identify and resolve Aegis Computing Infrastructure equipment, operating environment and computer program issues.
• Support physical layer testing and troubleshooting, including but not limited to fiber optic testing and troubleshooting.
• Provide engineering support for testing and troubleshooting many types of communication interfaces.
• Assist with computer program and/or equipment changes as necessary to support ship test and integration program.
• Participate/perform data collection and analysis for summary report.
• Provide ships force with equipment, operations and maintenance familiarization throughout the test program.
• Some travel (domestic and international) will be required.
• Operational and Administrative knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems using Command Line Interface (CLI) in an X11 windows-based environment.
• Experience testing, integrating and troubleshooting VME-based Single Board Computer and High Performance Server-based Hardware.
• Operational and Configuration knowledge of Cisco based Enterprise-level Network hardware and software.
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
o Must be physically able to work aboard a U.S. Navy ship and support short underway periods
o Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point)
o Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
o Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
o Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time.
• Specific knowledge of Baseline 7, 8 and/or 9 Aegis Weapons System Aegis Computing Infrastructure (ACI) architecture.
• Specific knowledge of IBM Blade Center computing platforms.
• Specific knowledge of Cisco Catalyst-series 3750 and 6509 Switch platforms.
• CCNA certification.
• Experience with testing and troubleshooting copper and fiber high speed Ethernet interfaces. Familiarity with testing single mode fiber optic interfaces a plus.
• Experience testing and troubleshooting NTDS interface hardware and cabling.
• Experience with large scale Ship Integration and Test practices.
• Experience interfacing with US Navy personnel and familiarity with US Navy command structure.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)