Job ID: 448476BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:This position is for a position in the Engineering organization in the Rotary and Mission Systems Business Area. Candidate will support Electrical Fabrication tasks for Controls, Launchers & Weapons programs and the Littoral Ship Systems Programs.
The Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry – the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration’s MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
• Ability to fabricate/terminate fiber optic cables using ST, SC, LC and M28876 w/M29504 connectors and termini.
• Proficiency or better (certification) of Mil-Std-2042C (Fiber Optic Topology Installation Standard Method for Ships and Submarines Sec 5/6), or IPC-A-640 (Acceptance Requirements for Optical Fiber, Optical Cable, and Hybrid Wiring Harness Assemblies)
• Ability to troubleshoot / perform tests using Fiber Optic and/or electronic test equipment.
• Ability to work to preliminary drawings/minimal work instructions in an engineering lab environment.
• Ability to use standard fiber optic and electronic hand tools and materials.
• Experience with fabricating/soldering plated-through-hole or sur
• Ability to fabricate military style cables using both shielded and non-shielded wire with both solder and crimp terminations.
• Ability to route and terminate (solder or crimp) wire harnesses in racks, enclosures, chassis and other assemblies/sub-assemblies.
• Ability to fabricate/terminate coax cables.
face mount technology circuit card assemblies.
• Previous or current IPC-A-620 CIS certification.
• Previous or current J-STD-001 CIS certification.
• Previous or current IPC-A-610 CIS certification.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Technicians
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)