Systems Engineering Associate Manager
Job ID: 463205BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are searching for a Systems Engineering Associate Manager to join our exceptional team. In this role you will lead the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Reentry program Systems Engineering, Requirements and Verification team. Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Personnel and project oversight
• Budget planning, tracking, and reporting
• Requirements/interface management for both Deployed Reentry Systems and Advanced Reentry Development Programs, and their projects
• Review/analyze data issues, develop and document common processes and improvements, support design process reviews, etc.
The R&V group is part of the Reentry Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization that is responsible for multiple efforts within the Reentry Systems Directorate (Advanced Reentry Development Programs and Deployed Reentry Systems) to include Systems Engineering Integration, Requirements & Verification, and Interfaces support and management. The Reentry SEIT team coordinates and integrates with the US Navy's D5 Trident II FBM Program SEIT organization.
You will support Reentry Systems Directorate Leadership with overall program execution. You will work across multiple Navy SSP and associate contractor boundaries to direct the resolution of technical issues correctly and in an expeditious manner. You will report to and work closely with the Reentry SEIT Manager who will delegate programmatic responsibilities for specific projects and tasks within the Systems Engineering organization. The Associate Manager will have programmatic responsibilities as part of Release Planning, Release Management, Control Account Management, cost estimation, and schedule creation and progress status. Functional responsibilities will include employee recruitment, work assignments, performance assessment, salary and recognition/disciplinary actions, and career coaching.
We are looking for a colleague who has excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships with customers, management and peers.
You would typically have an appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with this assignment.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Engineering or engineering-related Bachelors degree and directly related experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience with customer Program Reviews and technical design reviews; PRs, SRRs, PDRs, and CDRs.
• Experience with Weapon System specifications and the flow-down of customer and system-to-subsystem requirements.
• Ability to author technical requirements, plans and procedures.
• CAM or Sub-CAM experience with involvement developing BOEs or other proposal experience.
• Demonstrated evidence of successfully executing Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives is required and will be discussed during the interview.
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
• MS degree in Engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of and experience with (FBM) Programs' Reentry Systems' architectures, processes, and products.
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple efforts concurrently.
• Exposure to managerial tasks; EP requirement calculations, employee performance evaluations, training, etc.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating projects with multiple engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, systems, flight sciences, materials, manufacturing, test, etc.).
• Proficiency with SAP, EPDM, and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)..
• High level of accountability.
• Standout colleague that is able to work across multiple organizations/cultures. Can break-down barriers to progress.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2