Chief Systems Engineer
Job ID: 462997BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Chief Systems Engineer you will provide Full Spectrum Leadership within the Military Support Program (MSP), focused on shaping, building, and leading a fully integrated team of systems engineers.
In this role, you will:
• Own systems engineering, technical baseline management, design integration, verification and test support for the MSP Block 3 program
• Be responsible for systems engineering in all phases of the lifecycle to include requirements analysis, interface definition, system integration, configuration control, and support to formal test and delivery
• Shape the future, leading a team focused on standard processes, while supporting and advancing Enterprise and Engineering Strategic Threads; a significant focus of this position will be customer relationships and collaborative problem solving
• Maintain several technical baselines in parallel, as MSP is a continually evolving platform
• Work across technical baselines that are all performed by the same team
• Interface with a large customer team; as such you must have shown success in working with customers to mutually agreeable outcomes
• Planning and management of engineering critical skills to support the MSP enterprise
• Providing direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance and ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Oversight of the development and insertion of mission enhancements (Class 1 changes) including BOEs for new scope
• Owning the technical baseline for all MSP related activities
• Product line configuration control and data management to include change board authority
• Accountable for Parts, Material, and Process (PMPCB) control for program
• Driving and executing active knowledge sharing through career planning and technical knowledge management, ensuring technical domain expertise of the entire team
• Driving process and tool development and deployment, resolving critical technical issues, supporting new business initiatives, and ensuring standard technical processes are in use on programs
• Manage staffing requirements, planning job assignments and rotations, and manage staff assessment
• Coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
• Supporting proposals, Red Teams and Independent Non-Advocate Reviews (INARs) as required
• Ensuring compliance with command media and dissemination of lessons learned for mission success
• Being able to organize, motivate and lead groups of engineering personnel, and demonstrate in-depth technical skills with a focus on Mission Success
• Some travel (20%) will be expected
Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
• 14 years of experience in systems engineering or related engineering discipline
• Manager of a diverse technical team, showcasing strong team building, relationship building, and personal acumen
• Successful candidate must demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership including a commitment to the Full Spectrum attributes of shaping the future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling personal excellence, integrity and accountability
• Demonstrated experience with systems engineering process and control on a large space program
• Experience with cost account management (CAM) principles, techniques, and processes, minimum in either a CAM position, or a role with similar experience
• TS/SCI security clearance
• Previous L-code experience at Lockheed Martin
• Space flight hardware procedures and processes
• Experience with Military Support Program (MSP) mission enhancements activity
• Demonstrated track record with MSP executive leadership and customer executive leadership
• Experience planning and estimating development campaigns
• Experience in leading new business pursuits, developing business cases, and writing proposals
• Experience in leading teams through cultural and geographical boundaries as well as operations across multiple lines of business.
• Demonstrated experience leading cultural transformation
• Strong Mentoring skills as evidenced through active mentoring relationships
• Cross LM Business Unit and/or other Industry experience
• Experience driving standardization of standard products and Tools
• Proven experience as a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate into action and results.
• Ability to re-invigorate the systems ownership of end to end payload and data threads
• Experience with hardware software integration and ATLO phase of a space program
• Outstanding social, written, and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with the customers and build effective relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day