Test Engineering Manager
Job ID: 455518BR
Date posted: Dec. 05, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Leads the mechanical assembly of the GPS III Satellite down and through subordinate Integration & Test L-Coded Leaders & CTC's, for the GPS3 Program.
• Ensures the Vehicle Integration Teams (VIT) are supported with the appropriate level of staff (CTC’s) in the execution of the ATLO plans.
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Enables the team through his/her leadership to execute efficiently.
• Change agent that develops strategies and implementation plans that fosters a transition from development to full production.
• Works closely with the manufacturing engineering team to assure proper documentation is available prior to initiation of work.
• Assists in the generation of Manufacturing Work Instructions and test procedures. Assists in work cell management and hardware staging.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Candidate must have experience executing Assembly, Integration, and Test of A2100 satellites
• Experience directing employees in Satellite assembly activities
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
• Good understanding of Earned Value Management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Certified Test Conductor
• Green Belt Certified
• CAM Certified
• Previous L-Code Leadership Skills
• Great Communication Skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Test Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2