Cushman & Wakefield (http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/careers)
Senior Facility Manager
Job Description Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities organization for a group of facilities, set of buildings, or campus environment. The Senior Facility Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the Owner's goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM
Senior Facility Manager
Position Reports To
PURPOSE OF THE JOB - why does the job exist and what is it designed to accomplish?
• The purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities organization for a group of facilities, set of buildings, or campus environment. The Senior Facility Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the Owner's goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES - 4 to 8 brief statements indicating what is done (action), how it is done (method or means) and why
(end result). List in order of importance.
• Ensures the day-to-day operations of the facility(s) or campus including janitorial, life-safety, engineering and general maintenance are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and ownership directives. This is to include the management of contracts to assure all contracts are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as needed and assures invoices match contract pricing.
• Charged with the supervision of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties.
• Responsible, at all times, for a positive and prompt response to requests from building tenants and occupants and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to constantly assess tenant and occupant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant, owner, and the properties.
• Insure that all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, IIPP Manual, Paid Invoices File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Report, and other reports and documentation as required.
• Prepares, reviews, and gives initial approval and as needed all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the
• facility(s) or complex. Coordinate the preparation and publication of the annual budget, quarterly reforecast, and business plans.
• Assist in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
• Responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives.
• Responsible for hiring, training and motivating facility personnel. Responsible for the maintenance of positive staff relations. Conducts or approves performance evaluations for staff.
• Facility Manager shall be thoroughly familiar with the management contract and all requirements contained therein.
• Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required.
Conduct formal site assessments on a regular basis. Remote sites on an annual basis and larger sites on a quarterly basis.
Ensure compliance with all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Manage workorders and maintain equipment lists through 360 Facility.
Assist Project Management with new site build outs and establishing FM services for new sites.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with the customer and local leaderships.
Maintain preventive maintenance schedule and include all required documentation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE - what knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience are needed to perform the job?
• Four-year college/university degree or equivalent work experience
• CFM, FMA industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a plus.
• A minimum of 5 years commercial high-rise, campus environment, and/or property portfolio management experience required (with a 4-year degree); a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience if no degree.
• Breadth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management is preferred.
• Experience with critical system environments is desired.
• Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong computer and systems knowledge.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS - briefly describe the physical demands of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.