Document Control Spec - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Document Control Specialist assists with retention and filing of documents as required for compliance with all corporate and US government document control and retention requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Inventories receiving and returning documents to verify all documents that coincide with audit sheet.
- Categorizes records and stores them in alphabetical or numerical sequence or a combination of both.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes processes and procedures used to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Files and retrieves documents that allow for efficient storage and accessibility for a large number of records.
- Responsible for preparing, scanning, and quality checking of documents/images being converted to electronic/digital format.
- Determines appropriate scanner and scanner settings based on document type, planned processing and document characteristics.
- Responds to requests for items by locating and retrieving files and delivering the documented transaction.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of information.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of office machinery such as copier and scanner.
- Knowledge of in-house scanning system products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of alphabetical and numerical filing systems.
Experience & Education
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience working in a business environment required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled lighting and temperatures.
- Repetitive hand/wrist motion related to scanning and indexing.
More Jobs For Veterans...