full-time employee contract
Mechanic Technician has proven maintenance, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance. Repairs, rebuilds or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting and ignition systems. Performs other, related duties as assigned.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent, and minimum of 6 years automotive maintenance experience. Areas of experience shall be with one of more of the following: light or heavy duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, aviation ground support systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle..
• Maintenance support includes operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
• Proficient with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters.
• Effectively applies industry or military standard troubleshooting procedures to localize and isolate faulty system components.
• Preferably familiar or knowledge with MRAP/RCV systems
• Prior training or maintenance experience on MRAP FOV systems preferable.
• Travel to hostile areas is required. Must be able to meet all government Individual Replacement Deployment Operations (IRDO) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be hostile ("war zone") environments.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Insurable Driver's License required