full-time employee contract
Cyber Operations Planner
ManTech International Corporation is actively recruiting for TS/SCI cleared cyber security and intelligence professionals to support the Joint Force Headquarters - Department of Defense Information Network (JFHQ-DODIN) at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) HQ.
Provide JFHQ DODIN Cyber Defense Operations representation to internal/external multi- Command/Agency/Service/Field Activity (CC/S/A/FA) operational planning teams and working groups
Strategic Planning and Implementation shall include the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain constant communications with USCYBERCOM, NSA, CC/S/A/FA counterparts to gather customer requirements
- Help to identify DODIN HQ Future planning shortfalls or process gaps
- Maintain awareness of current and developing cyber threats, tactics, procedures, and vulnerabilities that have the potential to impact the DoDIN
- Translate customer requirements and technology trends into recommendations that provide senior leadership with a flexible, cost-effective and technical framework that will adapt to the constantly changing cyber threat
- Maintain awareness of USTRATCOM/USCYBERCOM directives, orders, alerts, and messages and deconflict with strategic plans
- Maintain awareness of DODIN Operations and DCO IDM missions
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) implementation plans to senior leaders
- Determine and implement means of measuring effectiveness of strategic plans
- Analyze and seek opportunities that suggest current DODIN Ops or DCO-IDM actions being taken may require revision and that a different operational approach may be required to achieve the desired end state
- Analyze indicators that are approved and re-validate to ensure they remain achievable or recommend discontinuance if no longer desired. Develop course of action (COAs) outlining suggestions or change recommendations (written or verbal)
Knowledge and experience with the Joint Operational Planning Process (JOPP)
Ability to provide input in a cross-functional team of senior military and civilian personnel.
Knowledge of security concepts, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.), well-known ports (DNS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP, etc.), processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/?malware analysis, etc.?) . Experience in the field of DoD computer network defense with an understanding of the life-cycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation. Considerable ArcSight experience is highly desirable. Experience with incident/event correlation tools such as ArcSight
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility (Mandatory)
- Location: Ft. Meade, MD
- Shift: Day Shift
POC: If interested, please apply on-line and also contact Mark Aschenbach, email@example.com , (703) 488-2073.