full-time employee contract
North Salt Lake
The Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) / Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Engineering Technician selected for this position will oversee and assist the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) prime contractor, Lockheed Martin’s (LM), and JPO’s R&M Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Data Integrity Analysts with the review and adjudication of R&M/PHM related maintenance event data.
JPO’s R&M/PHM Engineering Technician will be assigned to assist the Joint Reliability Maintainability Evaluation Team (JRMET) Chairperson and Operational Site Reliability & Maintainability Review Board (RMRB) Chairpersons with the JRMET process and will ensure the integrity of the government’s F-35 FRACAS database maintenance event R&M/PHM data is maintained.
Every night, after an F-35 maintainer closes a Computerized Maintenance Management System’s (CMMS) work order, each of the newly closed work orders are copied from the Autonomic Logistics Information System’s (ALIS) site operating unit’s (SOU) CMMS database into ALIS’ F-35 FRACAS database. Each day, all new site FRACAS database maintenance events require R&M/PHM data adjudication in accordance with the JRMET Charter.
• Coordinates with the prime contractor’s (LM) assigned Field Support Engineers (FSE), and any assigned JPO FRACAS Data Integrity Analysts performing FRACAS data adjudication and Joint Reliability Maintainability Evaluation Team (JRMET) contractor dispute resolution.
• Trains and Helps, if necessary and available, maintenance units with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) maintenance event (ME) task data entry to facilitate reducing the quantity of FRACAS database ME data adjudications.
• Provides R&M/PHM engineering support to the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) R&M Team Lead, JPO R&M/PHM Systems Engineers, and other JPO IPT’s Development and Production Engineering Teams including Logistics and Sustainment with visibility into FRACAS data used by LM and JPO R&M/PHM Systems Engineering for R&M/PHM performance metrics monthly reports.
• Represents JPO R&M/ Systems Design Engineering at assigned Operational Site meetings and others, as required.
• Resolves R&M/PHM product design, development, and sustainment technical issues.
Identifies FRACAS data adjudication trending issues for the JRMET’s FRACAS data adjudication process improvement initiatives.