Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Senior Principal Satellite Ground System Engineering Lead to join our M2C System Engineering Teams team in Aurora, Colorado.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As a Talented Senior Principal Satellite Ground System Engineering Lead, you will lead a small Satellite Command and Control System. You will contributes to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of segment engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.
Provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, and test personnel.
Perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
Support definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations.
Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project.
Provide status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks.
Provide document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues.
Support ECP efforts as required. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current SSBI
There is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
• Experience with satellite command and control or planning and scheduling
• Experience with ground equipment command and control or planning and scheduling
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Knowledge of system integration and system test
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Current SSBI with any government agency
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Lead Systems Engineer on a government contract
• Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract.
• Experience in requirements management
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience in technical risk management
• Possess Raytheon Risk and Opportunity Management certification or equivalent
• Experience in architecture development of SW centric system
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Experience in Operations including: procedure development, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience working on a program managed using Earned Value Management
• Experience with participating in Engineering Gate reviews
• Experience in cost estimation
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent.
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science, and 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.