Raytheon IIS is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to perform integration, test and validation activities. As a member of the Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) team you will provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. The SVTAD team is involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration and subsystem and component level testing through sell-off.
The opportunity currently exist supporting the Zumwalt program in San Diego, CA, providing expertise in the integration, validation, and sell off for various defense programs within Raytheon. Sr. Systems Engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. Sr. Systems Engineers have ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated and perform as expected as well as ensuring that the system can be sold off. In San Diego CA some of the programs supported are the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS), Landing Platform Dock (LPD) programs and Zumwalt Total Ship Activation.
The Senior Engineer will support of integration, installation, operation and maintenance of control systems installed in DDG-1000 Class Destroyers. Will work with the Test Team to perform the following duties;
• Perform installation of firmware and software onto shipboard components including EDAP processors, SoftPLCs, remote screens, workstations, and across multiple operating systems.
• Provide solutions, investigate, and verify fixes for WSTRs issues found during shipboard installation.
• Participate in daily operation and maintenance, growth, and maturation of shipboard control systems.
• Collaborate and communication integration and test activities with team members.
• Interact daily with contractors and Government representatives.
• Assist in the planning of software installations in support of system updates.
• Travel to support program requirements as needed including potential underways.
• Four (4) years of experience working with systems integration and testing of control systems.
• Experience working with and troubleshooting complex control systems.
• Active Secret clearance or obtain interim within 30 days from date of hire.
Experience with DDG-1000 class Mission System Equipment requirements and concept of operation or equivalent complex US Naval combat systems.
• Experience with Profibus and softPLCs a plus
• Excellent communication, organization, planning and execution skills.
• Excellent problem solving, sound judgment, and decision making.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and processes.
Candidates for a Principal Systems Engineer should have a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years' experience OR an Associate Degree with at least 14 years of experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128768
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.