An opportunity exists for a Senior Control Account Manager within the Missile Defense Radar Software Department in Woburn, Massachusetts.
The Missile Defense Radar Software Departments’ mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and related Missile Defense Systems. The department currently supports multiple AN/TPY-2 radars, the Sea-Based X-Band Radar, COBRA DANE Radar, and multiple Early Warning Radars throughout the world.
Our software teams employ an AGILE Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The Senior Control Account Manager reports to a Software Task Manager within the X-Band Product Line organization. Responsibilities include; Cost & Performance monitoring/ reporting, Variance analysis, IMS schedule inputs, Establishing time phased budgets for each control account, Inputs to monthly Tracking Books, Labor report monitoring (weekly), Accumulating earned value progress measures from Team members (Inch-stone development & maintenance), Performance input to Finance, Proposal/ROM preparation (C5 Development & SBT input), ETC input, Provides current and historical financial data in support of measurement and analysis, Collects, generates and analyzes measurement data, supports audits, and inputs to Program level reviews. The Senior Control Account Manager will also support Process Engineer functions including; maintain project specific software process documentation (SDP and Measurement & Analysis Plan), Produce and Analyze ToX Metrics, Team of Four meetings, reviews SLOC counts/estimates, and CMMI efforts as required.
The position requires a high level understanding of real-time radar software development and the effort required to develop new capabilities while maintaining the current operational software build. They will support the Software Task Manager in scheduling, budgeting, and tracking of the overall software development effort. The CAM will analyze measurement data, perform root cause analysis and identify corrective action when needed. They participate in monthly Team of X meetings and Risk management reviews.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and requirements for the position.
This position will require a secret security clearance.
- Earned Value Reporting and Variance Analysis experience
- EVMS Certification
- Knowledge of Software Development Process (CMMI)
- Experience preparing formal Estimates at Completions (EACs)
- Minimum 6 yrs experience in software engineering
- Experience creating budgetary baselines for multiple control accounts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Radar domain knowledge
- Experience on Ada or C++ software development programs
- SPM Certification or (equivalent PMX Training)
- Proposal preparation and estimation process including BOE development
- Certified BOE Writer
- Familiarity with the following Tools: MS/Project, Excel, iTracker, SBT, SED C5 Tool, Risk management tool, ACES
- Experience supporting Customer IBRs and RTN Start-up Gate Reviews
- Six Sigma Specialist certification
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- Existing secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others. What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.