Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS) is seeking a highly motivated and adaptive Senior-Level Linux System Administrator to provide system administration to high priority SIEM systems, servers and applications running a variety of operating systems/applications to include Red Hat 6.x and Red Hat 7.x, VMware and Active Directory. Work will include installation, configuration, maintenance, and urgent troubleshooting efforts in direct support of security related audit event collection efforts for an enterprise customer. Candidate will be able to perform administration and maintenance of associated cyber security assets and perform planning, coordination, and execution of software and hardware installations and upgrades in addition to required regular IAVA and functionality patching. Maintain and update standards documentation. Call in support may be required.
This position can be filled in either the Dulles, Virginia or Aurora, Colorado locations.
- Generation and maintenance of documentation on systems supplying audit information
- QA/QC of ingested audit information, and providing direct customer support on the proper use of the tools and systems receiving audit information
- Analyze enterprise level audit data and provide compliance recommendations for a variety of computer operating systems and applications
- Assist with the generation and maintenance of knowledge articles, SOPs, and Work Instructions
- Perform additional system administration and troubleshooting duties as necessary
- Perform additional tasks as necessary and directed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience in similar roles – OR – a minimum of 14 years equivalent experience in-lieu of a degree
- Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (DoD 8570) IAT Level qualifying certification or higher (e.g. Current Security+ CE)
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph
- 5 or more years of experience providing enterprise level system administration of VMware, Active, Directory, AWS, Dell EMC VNX and Isilon storage devices, and Brocade Load-Balancers
- 3 or more years of experience developing and maintaining complex Linux Scripts for task automation and data collection purposes
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management resource allocation skills in order to meet assigned deadlines
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and a current TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
- Working knowledge of the RSA NetWitness or similar SIEM tool suite
- Familiarity with IP based networking and network support
- Availability to work occasional overtime as required
- Experience implementing customer directed Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance requirements
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.