General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Location: McLean, VA
Core hours: 8-5 p.m (schedule is flexible - must be approved by the customer)
*Candidate will track team requirements, monitor incoming correspondence and Agency specific communication databases, and proactively respond
*Candidate must be detail oriented and organized
*Candidate will support a team of approx. 15 staff and contractors
*Candidate will manage all travel requirements and obtain any necessary documents/information to satisfy travel requirements - candidate should be comfortable using the travel system - travel requests can vary based on the month, but there is a continuous stream of travel requests
*Candidate will maintain calendars, conference room requests, and schedule briefings on behalf of office leadership
*Candidate will be responsible for placing orders and distributing or properly storing supplies in an organized manner
*Candidate will be expected to monitor status of equipment, make trouble calls without prompting, and keep paper supplies stocked both in the machine and available to place in copier/printer
*Candidate will maintain and updated SOPs, work in tandem with the Chief to ensure seamless workflow by maintaining all databases and requirements
*Candidate will maintain Excel spreadsheets and will need to access and interpret the information
*Candidate will be required to provide backup support to other offices within the department including the Front Office
*Candidate must be professional at all times
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred