General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Functional testing consisting of performing operational checks, and unscheduled corrective actions on the functionality of computer operating systems and applications. Will test computer servers and workstations after new software builds or changes to the systems, and use the data gained through the troubleshooting/repair process to prepare and revise maintenance instructions and procedures and to recommend and implement manufacturer/engineering changes. Ensures all maintenance, training, supply and property process/practices supporting site operations are implemented and documented in a maintenance tracking database. Responsibilities also include working directly with the end user in a help desk support role resolving both standard and nonstandard issues. Responsible for the working with government customer, site management, and sub-contractors to ensure repair functions meet mission requirements at NTC. Adhere to the directives, memoranda, policies, procedures and practices implemented by the company, site manager, division manager, section, team leader. Support quality/ISO, security and safety training programs and directives. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), DOD Directive 8500.1, 8500.2. Incumbent must have or be able to obtain within six months of hire, IAT level II. It is highly desirable for incumbent to possess certifications in Security+, A+, MCSA, MCSE and/or OCP Administration level experience with Windows 10, Server 2008 R2; Red Hat Linux, UNIX, VMware, backup utilities and Share Point are required. Strong Active Directory, GPO creation, deployment and troubleshooting.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.