Leadership Development and Assessment Manager
Job ID: 463707BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Description:Serving as Leadership Development (LD) Manager, this position reports to the Space Talent Pipeline & Organizational Readiness Senior Manager. Leading in partnership with the T&OC and HRBP leadership, this position will be responsible for the development, execution and sustainment of the Space Leadership Development and Assessment Strategy. Leads a group of diverse leadership development professionals and prioritizes work at the business and enterprise level. The role will work in close collaboration with Corporate leadership development, LM Business Areas and other HR Center of Excellence (COE) to develop and deliver on a leadership development strategy. The goal of this team is to ensure we have a ready pipeline of leaders to fill future roles and leaders who are equipped to handle the leadership challenges of their current role.
Assess, define, and implement the Leadership Development and Assessment strategy for Space. This includes ensuring the sustainability of initiatives, differentiated development for high potentials and readily accessible resources for all employees.
• Offer thought leadership and coaching to the leadership development team
• Manage leadership development team including: recruitment, selection, training, performance management, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions of all direct reports (estimated 3-5)
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors through active coaching, engagement and development of team
• Provide leadership development and assessment consulting to internal clients (offsites, webinars, training, toolkit design, train the trainers, Hogan Assessments, etc.)
• Program manage leadership development and assessment initiatives including planning, stakeholder management, program design, program delivery, evaluation and sustainment
• Design programs that are aligned with industry best practices and research in the areas of adult learning theory, high potential development, assessment, and coaching
• Evaluate and oversee vendors to develop and/or administer training programs and assessments
• Ensure team is defining and deploying metrics to ensure programs are having intended impact
• Manage the Space leadership development budget to ensure efficient use of budget on appropriate priorities; ensure compliance to enterprise training standards
• Lead the team who plans and executes the yearly Space Senior Leadership Summit
• Partner with other BA leads and corporate leadership development leads to share best practices, implement corporate leadership development programs and ensure appropriate resources to work corporate initiatives
• Work with Talent & Organizational Capabilities (T&OC) organization, HR Business Partners, and Leaders across the business to assess leadership needs
The preferred location for this role is Littleton, CO.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience, within HR Business Partnering, Talent & Organizational Capability/Talent Management, or other applicable HR/Business experience. At least 2 years of experience as a People/Project Manager.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to assess/analyze and select direct reports and provide performance feedback and coaching
• Ability to motivate and retain team members
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity while attending to multiple stakeholders, a variety of concurrent projects, and firm deadlines
• Demonstrated executive-level presence and presentation skills with the ability to interface and influence (without authority) directly with all levels of management
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel (including advanced skill with tools such as pivot tables) and PowerPoint
• MA/MS – Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field
• Experience in designing, leading and/or administering Leadership Development initiatives
• Coaching and assessment certifications (ICF, Hogan, Leadership Circle, etc.) strongly desired
• Highly analytical with ability to gather and interpret talent metrics/data
• Experience working in a regulated company/industry
• Full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) mindset and demonstrated leadership expertise
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Human Resources
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2