Mechanical Engineer Stf
Job ID: 463862BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Description:- Perform preliminary and detailed level mechanical/stress analysis of missiles & spacecraft flight structures and mechanisms, aerospace electronic components, and ground and test support equipment using standardized processes and tools.
- Provide mechanical-related analysis technical memos and reports and input to data packages to support peer and customer reviews.
- Present resultant analysis data to product team and customers.
- Provide test input/instrumentation data to environmental test personnel and collaborating with lead engineering personnel to interpret/correlate test results.
- Understand and incorporate other applicable mechanical (thermal, loads, dynamics, materials, etc) and system level requirements/parameters into the analyses.
- Support development for weight-optimized, compliant flight-worthy components and structural assemblies which satisfy the contractual design criteria as well as any producibility requirements defined by Manufacturing and Quality.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Civil/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering/Structural Mechanics program or equivalent from an accredited college/university.
- Advanced stress analysis capability using NASTRAN and finite element modeling using NX or equivalent is required.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of and applicable experience with missile or spacecraft structural analysis methods, including hand calculation experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Engineering
- Experience in Mechanical Integration and Interface Control Documents
- Advanced static and/or non-linear analysis experience.
- Experience with the structural and fatigue analysis of electronic components.
- Experience with Matlab, Mathcad, and CREO. Static and material test experience of aerospace flight hardware.
- Experience with dynamic analysis and test (modal, vibration, shock) of structure and components.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2