Talent & Organizational Development Manager
Job ID: 463711BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
Description:Serving as Talent and Organizational Development (T&OD) Manager, this position reports to the Space Talent Pipeline & Organizational Readiness Senior Manager. Leading in partnership with the T&OC and HRLT, this position will be responsible for the development, execution and sustainment of the Space Talent Management and Organizational Capability Strategy. This includes defining an infrastructure, tools and processes used for T&OD that exhibit an integrated and connected approach to developing human capital. Leads a group of diverse T&OD professionals and prioritizes work at the business and enterprise level. The role will work in close collaboration with Corporate T&OC, LM Business Areas and other HR Center of Excellence (COE) to develop and deliver on a multi-year Talent Marketplace strategy. This includes a strategy to build and accelerate leadership succession pipeline readiness, talent pools for current and future business needs and talent movement methodologies that meet or exceed industry best practices. The role will also determine common and customizable organizational development practices, such as organizational design, effectiveness, culture and change management strategies to enable the business. The goal of this team is to deliver integrated talent and organizational development solutions to the business, while supporting the long-term business strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Talent Marketplace implementation, sustainment and refinement
• High potential identification, assessment and development
• Talent Pool identification and readiness
• Executive leadership slating
• Full Spectrum Leadership through active coaching, engagement and development of team
• Complex organizational design, change management
• Corporate and Enterprise Talent Review deliverables and executive preparation
• Agile leadership to the T&OD team that serve as front line consultants and partners in support of the HR Business Partner Community and Business Leaders.
• Space business acumen and executive positions and pipeline
• Strong knowledge of the Space Concept of Operations
• Familiarity with compensation, leveling guidelines and workforce planning, and how these enable support of the business requirements.
• Implementation of simple and effective Talent Management and Organizational Development best practice solutions ensuring business requirements are achieved.
• Research and utilize high value and high impact Organization Effectiveness and Organization Development tools
• Define and deploy metrics to address desired business outcomes (e.g., measuring ROI) and influence the use of technology to track, manage and retain critical talent, making recommendations and applying for successful outcomes.
• Leverage thought leadership to evaluate business requests to ensure the right make/buy decisions are being made.
• Establish commonalities in business requests to reduce duplication of efforts, maximize efficiency and avoid costs.
• Minimum of 7 years of related experience within a HR Business Partner, Talent & Organizational Capability, Talent Management, or other applicable HR or Business experience.
• Previous experience working in a HR Center of Excellence, HR Business Partner or Consulting role supporting leadership development, coaching, facilitation and program design
• Demonstrated executive-level presence and presentation skills with the ability to interface and influence (without authority) directly with all levels of management
• Demonstrated conceptual thinker with effective project management skills and experience to execute strategic imperatives
• Successful experience implementing a large-scale organizational change or initiative
• Experience navigating a complex organization in a deadline-driven environment with shifting priorities
• Systems thinking capability
• Demonstrated ability to influence and work collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven professional with the ability to interact effectively with the senior management team
• Full Spectrum Leadership capabilities with the ability to provide continuous performance feedback and coaching
• Experience successfully designing and implementing talent or organizational effectiveness efforts with measurable impact
• Experience in Strategic Talent Management
• Ability to understand different LM business models
• Prior experience leading a cross-functional team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Human Resources
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: yes
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2