Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer Flight Controls Lead
Job ID: 463764BR
Date posted: Dec. 06, 2018
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
You will serve as the flight controls lead for the analysis, design, and test of the NSP system. The flight controls lead will lead flight engineers supporting algorithm development and test activities. Normal responsibilities include liaison with other engineering disciplines and lines of business as appropriate, corporate contact, and execution of enterprise and corporate initiatives. Demonstrated experience with Guidance, Navigation and Control/Flight Software GNC/FSW architectures and deployment in missile and re-entry applications is highly desired. Excellent social and communications skills, both written and oral, essential to professional company and contract representation are a must.
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of Navigation, Guidance & Control NG&C algorithms for missile and hypersonics applications.
- Demonstrated experience using Matlab and Simulink for missile simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Experience supporting the development of flight vehicle NG&C architectures, and planning and conducting NG&C performance and simulation analysis
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance
- Experience with hypersonic and boost vehicle systems
- Experience with hypersonics flight controls and guidance
- Experience with FORTRAN and the REDY 6DOF simulation
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink (autocoding)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2