National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
- Supports the Service Company Finance Team to help manage the allocated costs of the Service Companies to support IFRS reporting requirements, US GAAP reporting requirements and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Participate in strategic initiatives for the Service Company Finance Team to drive continuous improvement efforts and increase value to the company.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to increase understanding of the financial statements and to ensure they reflect the business activities.
- Ensure the integrity of the books and records of the company.
- Contribute to a strong optimal controls environment which addresses SOX reporting requirements, regulatory requirements and standalone reporting requirements.
- Support the allocations process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recognition of allocated financial transactions.
- Ensure that the various allocation methodologies are documented, maintained, and calculated properly, and that the underlying metrics are reconciled to supporting documentation.
- Analyze and report on the allocated costs of the Service Companies to help ensure transparency and that significant variances are understood.
- Identify and escalate potential issues.
- Support financial statement audits, regulatory audits and periodic rate case proceedings as required.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in order to share knowledge and develop technical understanding within discipline.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to provide for a collaborative team environment.
- Actively support Service Company Finance projects, providing data analysis and recommendations for process improvement opportunities (i.e., including providing insight and articulating interrelationships between key stakeholders).
- Participate in achieving goals and metrics of Service Company Finance, including support of regular dashboard as required.
- Proactively support a collaborative team working environment and focus on the design of new and improved processes in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance within the Service Company Finance Team.
- Keep up to date with accounting principle developments and regulatory accounting developments in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
- Maintain adequate and concise documentation to support management review, including audit support.
- Support and execute an appropriate internal controls environment for related financial reporting risks.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting with 2-3 years qualifying experience.
- Experience with SAP/BI desired.
- Public accounting experience, CPA, or MBA is a plus.
- Utility experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS or Regulatory Accounting desired).
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.